A growing number of my clients are from non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB), and I am helping them improve their website copy. These clients fall into two main groups:
- They have businesses in non-English speaking countries and wish to market, online, to English speaking clients, and
- They have businesses in the English speaking countries in which they live, but their language skills aren’t allowing them to communicate their messages clearly
Being able to write website copy in English is not enough – it has to be in good, easy-to-understand English if you want to hold the attention of your website visitors, that is, your potential clients and customers.
Grammar and spelling errors and inaccurate translations, will result in failure to engage your visitors – quite simply, they will click away to another site.
Here is an example:
If English is not your native language, and you are marketing to English speakers, then there are several ways in which I can help you. They include:
- Writing your new website copy
- Proof reading and editing your existing website copy
- Writing your blog posts and articles
- Writing or editing your reports and ebooks
In my business career and personal life, I have met people from many different countries, and a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds. I have lived in other countries, and spent much of my life in a multicultural Australian city, Sydney. I have a Chinese ‘foster son’, now an adult, who lived with my family and continues to be an important part of it.
Most importantly though, I understand online business and internet marketing and how to write for the best online outcomes – in fact, I’ve written a dictionary of the terms used in such businesses, called “What the @%!* Does THAT Mean?”.
So I am uniquely qualified to help you by reading your copy, watching your video, or hearing your voice – and writing excellent written content for you.