Whether they are about a company, a product, or an individual, online press releases boost your reputation by improving your online footprint, your online presence. If you have a website, you should consider making good use of press releases to spread the word about who you are and what you do.
The Benefits of Online Press Releases
• They direct more traffic to your blog: Once people read a press release, they are likely to click the anchor link to your website to learn out more.
• They help you build a brand: Publishing press releases constantly reminds your customers or followers that you’re still there, and that you’re active, up to date with the latest developments in your sector.
• They make you more authoritative: Press releases carry authority, and support your professionalism. People reading your press releases will feel that you know a lot about your niche, and they will be more likely to visit your website, rather than your competitors’.
• They are good for SEO: The links to your website in your online press releases will do you much good. Moreover, you also benefit by feeding search engines fresh content, which can boost your search engine ranking.
Creating a Good Press Release
Just because you write a press release doesn’t mean that you will get all the benefits above. You really need to provide quality content, and to do it consistently, at least two times a week. To create an online press release that will have an impact, consider the following tips.
• Create SEO press releases that contain a main keyword and several secondary ones. The keywords need to be fresh and popular at the time when you release the material.
• Provide information that has value for your customers or followers. People especially seem to like discussions on big news events relevant to your niche.
• Provide specific product details. If you’re covering a product, mention its best features, the ones that make it stand out from other similar products, and be exact about the launch date.
Finally, it should be said that for most companies and even for individuals it might be better to let an experienced professional, like Kerry Finch, handle online press releases. The quality of the content will be better, and the distribution quicker.