If you’re looking to build credibility, web traffic and sales for your online business, having custom content created for your site gives you a significant advantage over competitors.
Why Custom Content?
Chances are that your website has dozens, if not hundreds of competitors on the Internet, each trying to sell the same product or provide the same service. Many of these sites have are just a matter of a few words here and a few commas there of being complete rip-offs of one another.
Having content for your site that’s unique to your site helps you stand apart from your competitors. Also, custom content written specifically for your site helps you better market to your target audience and emphasize the strengths of your business.
Reprocessed content that’s been recycled and regurgitated from other websites doesn’t grab the attention of visitors to your site, doesn’t differentiate your site from competitors and may land you in trouble with search engines. When search engines rank pages in search results, sites with content too close to that of other sites are often excluded from top ranks. Having content that is unique helps you avoid this pitfall, and ensures that combined with proper SEO work, your site has a great chance of getting to top spots on search result rankings.
What To Look For?
When searching for a custom content provider, it’s important to find a professional operation that can provide quality content at competitive prices. When seeking a content provider, consider the following qualities:
- Examples. Ask questions about what other businesses the provider has created content for, and ask to see work samples. This helps you better establish the competency and skill level of your provider.
- Spelling and grammar. When reviewing a prospective provider’s past work, check to see if it is grammatically correct and also check for spelling errors. The occasional slip is unavoidable, but work that is rife with errors marks a lack of professionalism and can also be detrimental to your business if that provider is chosen.
- Timeframe. Can the provider work to your schedule and provide you the content you need when you need it?
- Depth. Does the content provider have writers in the stable who are qualified to write about the subject matter you want them to cover? Unique content that is erroneous can harm your professional reputation.
- Pricing. Unique content isn’t going to be dirt cheap, but it shouldn’t be outrageously priced either. Shop around among reliable providers to get a good idea what the median price should be. Also, be sure to deal with a provider that gives quotes on prices upfront, so you can avoid unexpectedly large bills later.
By carefully choosing the right custom content provider, you can get quality service that will help propel your online business to the top of the search results, and the top of your clients go-to list for products and services.