- bank account
- self esteem
- child’s well-being
- pet care
- sporting abilities
- outlook on life
Then there is no better time to promote it than at the start of a new year.
This is the time when, during and after the holidays, many people are searching for solutions to their problems, ways to improve their skills and grow their businesses. It is when the ’employed’ look for ways to become ‘self-employed’, and for when the jobless are inspired to take a new look at the opportunities that will change their situation.
As 2010 draws to an end, why not take the time to look at the ways that you are promoting your products and services? With millions of people making New Years Resolutions, isn’t it time to include these three magic words in your keywords for new articles, blog posts and online press releases?
Consider which resolutions might be applicable to your target niche – deliver the list to them by autoresponder or email – or put it on your blog and use the social networking tools at your disposal to spread the word.
Employing a New Years Resolution Spin
Why not create a short report, e.g. “The top 5 New Years Resolutions of Internet Marketers” (or Dentists, or Women Over 50, or Golfers etc). Have it as a free download on your site to boost your list for the future, or use the opportunity to offer an upsell to a modestly priced product. By building a free >> low cost relationship you are well positioned to then offer a greater value product down the track.
Make your posts and articles informative, always. Lead readers through the process of identifying their wants/needs/goals and identify the ways that they can be attained. Be sure to offer options that are achievable, and others that make them reach for the stars without being unrealistic.
A good route to take for your content is:
- Talk about the problem/need/want: Its good to personalise this – share your experience.
- Outline the importance of making and committing to resolutions, of being goal-focused.
- Provide options for achieving the niche-related goals, with a focus on the one that will relate to your product/service.
Give a step by step guide, e.g.
- Identify The Objective
- Research The Solution
- Commit to A Program/Mentor/Product That Will Help Smooth The Path (don’t try to do it on your own!
- Create A Time Line For Its Achievement
- Be Disciplined and Allocate Quality Time For Implementation e.g. 2 hours per day without interruptions or distractions
- Get Started
Reinforce The Message
Finally, mention again what a great time New Year’s is to take a positive step, one that could change their life/lifestyle.